Question
Posted by: depressed | 2008/07/14

Cannot conceive

Im a 25 yr old woman yearning for a baby have been off the pill about 4 months & Im scared I may neva be able to concieve. Im not entirely ill but am diabetic & so worried. I dream of being a mum & Im so so so depressed because I think Im infertile.

Dear Depressed

Having stopped the pill for just 4 months does not put you into the category of somebody having an infertility problem. If after trying for a whole year of regular unprotected intercourse, you still do not conceive, then only should you start seeking help as to ascertain why you are having difficulty. However in your particular case, because you are diabetic, it is important that your sugar control be adequate before attempting to try and conceive. This will reduce the risk of complications associated with diabetes and pregnancy.