Question
Posted by: Esther | 2010-06-23

cannot afford the fees

Hi, i have been struggling to finalise my divorce for the past 4 years, everything is dragging, have 2 kids and no support from hubby, my attorneys cost is killing me, what can i do. i need to finalise but she needs extra 3000.00 which i dont have. if i go to court will i have to start all over again. what about summons that has been served already and settlement that wasdrawn up by this attorney. Please advise as i dont have any money right now and would really like to end this .

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Esther,

4 years for a divorce and not even pronounced yet is a very long time. Having no support/maintenance during that time should not have happened. Your lawyer should have suggested a rule 43 which have provided maintenance while a divorce remains contested.

Contact me for a legal referral

info@sadsa.net

1
Posted by: ann | 2010-06-25

Have to discussed this with your attorney? Or Ex husband?
They may help you with some kind of a payment plan

Reply to ann