Question
Posted by: emo | 2009-08-13

Cankles

Is there any way to get rid of cankles? I' m not even overweight, quite thin yet I am stuck with cankles. You can see my ankles but I seem to have excess fat at the bottom of my calves. I' ve learnt to live with it but if there are any solutions to getting rid of them please let me know. Where does it come from in the first place? Is a person born with cankles.

HI Emo
It may be genetic or you may have a problem with the lymph drainage in your legs - let your doctor have a look. Thick ankles are not always caused by fat, but is the first place excess water is gathered if you have a problem with water retention.