Question
Posted by: Slightly worried | 2010-02-16

Canker sores on tongue

I have frequently recurring canker sores on ONLY one side of my tongue and inside of the same side' s cheek. On that side, my wisdom tooth on the bottom is very skew and I suspect it might be ' scratching'  my tongue. However, since I have just read that such recurring sores can be a sign of even cancer and HIV, I' m starting to become a little worried.. Sometimes the sores are small-ish, sometimes quite large (or a couple clumped together) but always in the same spot/area. Could you please shed some light on this issue...?

Hallo Slightly worried
Rough edges of teeth are a common cause for mouth ulcers, so please see your dentist, maybe the tooth just needs some polishing. He can also check for signs of cancer. HIV would give you sores all over your mouth.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-16

Hallo Slightly worried

Reply to cyberdoc