Posted by: trackingthecause | 2009-06-16

candida or not?

I was treated for candida two months ago.I had a slight burning sensation just before my last period, but it went away when I started menstruating. However, after I stopped menstruating it felt as if all hell broke loose down there. It started burning, itching tremendously and became very red and swollen. There was a bloody, watery, pinkish discharge with what looked like flakes/crumbs(?) of necrotic tissue coming with it, which was any colour from black (some rather big with white matter in them) to pink. I did not feel well, either, it felt as if my whole body was vibrating, a very strange feeling. My doc gave me sporanox a week ago - 2x2, 12 hours apart - plus 200g lomexin suppositories x3. After taking the sporanox 5 days ago, the discharge changed to golden brown with a musty odour and now it is very slight. However, it started burning down there again tonight. Should I use more suppositories, get another dose of Sporanox? I am also worried that it might be trichomoniasis. What should I do? I also have a problem with two fibroids that make my menstruation extremely heavy - a pad plus a tampon is not enough. Might they be the cause of the problem? I am close to my 50' s but have no noticable signs of approaching menopause.

Dear Tracking thecause
I think you should have a proper gynecological examination with smears taken of the vagina to identify exactly the cause of the symptoms - could be candida alone or candida with another infection. Candida usually give a white cottage cheese like discharge, not bloody or with necrotic tissue in it - this worries me. Please see a gyne asap