Question
Posted by: Reece | 2011/06/23

Candida Infection

Dear Doc
Thank you for the advise. I went to the pharmacy just now, the Apor cream is not on the market anymore and they suggested we use Canex T, is this fine? Also Diflucan I should have a prescription for. Is there anything else that I can buy over the counter for me and my husband?

Subject:
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 23/6/2011
Reece

Firstly you should treat yourself with a single dose of Diflucan 150mg. Your husband can also use Diflucan and add Apor cream, applied to the genitals, twice daily for at least 10 days.

Consult your doctor for a glucose tolerance test, to exclude diabetes, as this is a common cause for repeat candida infections.

Reece

Canex T will work just as well. Unfortunately, there is no over the counter oral anti-fungal medication available that you can use in the place of Diflucan. If you are unable to get a script, you can treat yourself with Canestin vaginal cream for at least 10 days. Please remember that you and your husband should be treated at the sime time.