Posted by: Reece | 2011-06-21

Candida infection

Dear Doc,
I experienced 2 months in a row the above infection. My hubby and I are trying for a baby, but now we cannot due to this. I bought Reuterina femme and seems to be better. Unfortunately I infected my husband as well, and he is complaining of soar genitals. So I bought him probiotic 9 strains. It is now more then a week and he doesn''t feel any difference. Is there something I can get him over the counter, as this is a bit embarrassing to ask for from a pharmacist. I think my PH balance is not correct due to eating habits, but I think I will use the Reuterina Femme for a while just to keep everything right.
Thank you.

Firstly you should treat yourself with a single dose of Diflucan 150mg. Your husband can also use Diflucan and add Apor cream, applied to the genitals, twice daily for at least 10 days.

Consult your doctor for a glucose tolerance test, to exclude diabetes, as this is a common cause for repeat candida infections.