Question
Posted by: Cathy | 2009/01/28

Candida and warts?

Hi doc

About 3 weeks ago I noticed the area around my vagina was red and a bit raw. I could feel that it was bumpy. So I went to my GP who after examining me said I had a bad candida infection. But he did a pap smear and a blood STI screening test which both came back negative and perfectly normal.

I took some antibiotics and the infection cleared. But now, a week later the same bumps I felt appear larger and to have grown. What could they be?

(My boyfriend and I always use a condom but about a year ago I had unprotected sex with another partner.)

Regards, Cathy

I'm afraid I cannot make a diagnosis without an examination. You should go back to your doctor.