Question
Posted by: Rose | 2012/09/11

Candida &  diverticula the sigmoid colon

Could you please supply me with a doctor''s name that specialize in this condition. I am living in Pretoria.
Rose

No, I really can't ; though Health24 is working towards a first-class online system to find nearby doctors and health workers of all sorts. WHat I do know is that there are NO doctors who would specialize in candida or in diverticula of the sigmoid colon, as very few people happen to have both conditions, and such a specialist would have to spend a lot of time doing crossword puzzled. Depending on where the candida is causing problems, you might need a gynae or a dermatologist ; and for anything colonic including diverticulosis or diverticulitis, a general surgeon is usually the right guy, some surgeons might work mainly on the contents of the abdomen. All of both species of doc should be listed in your local telephone directory, and you can check with their receptionist whether they have a particular interest in either of your conditions. If the diagnoses were made by a GP, the GP should be able to help, and if not should be able to refer you to suitable specialists

1