Question
Posted by: tammy | 2011-05-09

candida?

Hi doc

I was treated with augmentin about 3 weeks ago for a sinus infection.
I''ve taken probiotics as prescribed during the course of antibiotics and completed the course.
I started developing painless diarrhoea while on antibiotics which progressively got worse even after I stopped taking the antibiotics.
A week later I was in severe pain, dehydrated and had to be hospitalized. At no point have I stopped taking probiotics and now, 3 weeks later, I''m still taking high doses.

The problem is that I''ve developed what seems like a fungus around my anus as well as a fungus on my thigh.
The pharmacist gave me a pill and told me to stay away from yeast for 2 days after taking the pill.
She also gave me medaspore ointment which I''ve been applying twice daily for about a week and a half already, but without much effect.

I went to the clinic nurse today, but she didn''t even look at the fungus and told me to go to a doctor.
It is very difficult for me to get away from work at the moment.

Could the fungus be due to candida?
If medaspore was the correct treatment, should I have seen results already?
What else can I try?

Thank you!

Tammy

If it was fungal infection, you should have seen results with the treatment to date. Therefore, I suggest that you make time to consult a doctor for an examination and blood tests.