Posted by: HLEP | 2010/01/24


What kind of doctOr is the best doctOr to treat reacuring candida? My gp put me on sporolox and sometimes canestan and its not helping. It goes away and come back. She says its from years and years of antibiotics and it damaged my digestive track. Thsi is really affecting my love life, as its gross.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

A gynaecologist will be the best to consult but you can first try an oral pro-biotic with lactobacillus for a period of fourteen days. You have to add a STAT dose of Diflucan 150mg. Oral Diflucan should cure the Candida completely.

Your sexual partner should use Apor cream (available over the counter) at pharmacies, applied twice daily, for ten days. He can be the source of recurrent infection, which is quite normal.

I do suggest that both of you have a blood glucose test done (at your pharmacy), in order to exclude diabetes, which is a major cause of recurrent Candida.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.