Question
Posted by: MJS | 2010/08/31

Cancer survivor - almost a year

How do you take back your life, once cancer has had its evil way with you? Seems like I am only waiting to die!

Sad to hear you have experienced your survival in a negative way. The Cancer Association is supposed to be able to provide some counsellors with special experience in such matters, who could help, as could any competent local counsellor or psychotherapist ( FAMSA might be able to tell you of some in your area, as could the Anxiety-Depression Support Group ).
n a very real sense everyone alive is also waiting to die, but most are fortunate enough to find far more enjoyable ways to live in the meantime

3
Posted by: MJS | 2010/09/02

Thanks for the advice, I think most of my problem is just being so tired after the fight, that hearing on Monday the news that not all of my cancer is gone was a bit of a let down. Just have to pick myself up again and fight some more.

Reply to MJS
Posted by: Lady 3 | 2010/09/01

MJS...please contact CANSA 0800 22 66 22..they DO have counsellors who will assist you through this.

Reply to Lady 3