Posted by: nas | 2009-06-09

cancer... or something

this may sound more myth than reality... but i would only be asking to put myself at ease.
a few months back a friend once said that some one she knew was sent through for cancer testing etc- and foung to have cancer, after the a doctor saw red spots on her hand... apparently its a sign of cancer.
i didnt think anything of it... but just the other day, i noticed that i have small red spots on my right hand only, and something similar on the inside of my thighs... it looks like blood stains under my skin...
should i be concerned or is this a myth...

Hallo Nas
Red spots on your hands in itself is not a sign of cancer. It may in some cases be a consequence of blood cancer or liver cancer but then the patient will have anemia, weight loss, yellow skin, and other much more obvious symptoms. If the spots do not disappear if you press a glass against them, you may need to check your coagulation factors and platelet count.