Question
Posted by: Amanda | 2009/08/05

Cancer Lympho non hogkins

Hi my husband has had cancer twice, in remission being 9 months now, had high dose chemo, going for blood tests again this month, his weight is very low, he is gyming but still loosing, and gets nights sweats, first thing comes to mind. do blood tests reveal anything cause last time we only picked up in scans, also would like to go to a 2nd doctor, as I think we need more help regarding precaustions healthy diets ect, we eat as healthy as possible an got goji juice and fish oil Omega.

Expert ImageCancer survivors guest forum

Follow up care after cancer is really important .he should be seeing his dr regulary . Post treatmnet ajustment is a journey and the patient and the family need to learn to live with this illness day by day even if you are in remission. Axciety and fear is normal but rather see a Dr sooner than later.
Always good to get a second oppion as well . This will assist in trusting your dr's views .Regaining body weight est is a gradual process and will need some profesional input re what your body needs. Firts sort our the physical issues then deal with the rest > Set due dates to do these things so that you have a plan of action .
Linda

1
Posted by: CECILIA | 2009/08/06

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH THYROID CANCER IN 1991 AND HAD THE LUMP REMOVED AND IT WAS CANCERS AND THERE AFTER I HAD MORE LYMPHONES REMOVED BUT THEYWERE FINE.
I WAS NOT ON CHEMO BUT I DO TAKE TABLETS EVERY DAY
I STARTED WITH ELTROXIN 3 TABLETS A DAY BUT SINCE I MOVED TO CAPE TOWN 6YEARS AGO THE DOCTOR HAS PUT ME ON TERTROXIN 1 TAB A DAY SHOULD I BE CONCERNED I
NOW HAVE ANOTHER LUMP IN MY NECK AND I HAVE GON TO THE DOCTOR AND HE SAID I SHOULD SEE A THROID SURGEON WHAT MUST I DO I' M WORRIED

Reply to CECILIA