Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2012-11-12

Cancer is back

Hi cybie

How are you ? Its almost xmas time and I cant believe the year has gone by so fast, well with a little one there is never a dull moment, she turned 6 months today and we are loving every moment of this bundle of joy.

My dad went for follow up appointment to test his psa levels, need to go every 3 months and over the last 6 months it went from 1.2 to 2.7, even thou the count is not very high its growing fast and furious and Specialist confirmed the cancer is back, this after 12 years. The bad part is also that they cant locate where in the body the cancer is so we dont really know where it is going to pop up and the count must be higher before they can treat him.

I feel helpless and even thou we are all very positive hate the fact that my dad has to go through this again, seeing him vulnerable and scared is also horrible.

My dad and I are very close and I try to not let it effect me too much but I can''t seem to do that. I feel nauseaus and worried about him.

Should I start taking my fluanxol again?

Nice to hear from you again - and pleased to hear that the little one seems to be thriving and keeping you busy. Yes, its annoying, frightening and disturbing that the cancer seems to be showing up again. I thought there might be ways they could screen ( visually, I mean ) to see where it might have become active.
Only your own psych can advise whether you need the Fluanxol again, really - it depends on whether you are more than just normally and usually concerned and a bit worried, and whether there is more consistet depression and anxiety, out of proportion to the situation, and limiting your ability to function - it doesn't sound that bad at this stage.