Question
Posted by: Ursula | 2009/10/29

Cancer gene

My mother' s side of the family has a history of cancer - breast and ovarian as well as uterine. Mother and 3 aunts all died of it.
I want to have myself tested for the BRACAFAM gene.
If positive would you advise mastectomy on both breasts and for me to have implants put in now.
I have been having mammograms for the last 20 yrs as well as pap smears. I am 60 yrs old.

Hallo Ursula
If you do test Positive for BRCA gene, I think you should discuss your risk with an oncologist specializing in breast cancer, after letting him/her review your latest mammogram reports.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/29

Hallo Ursula

Reply to cyberdoc