Question
Posted by: Hopeful | 2012/05/15

Cancer and fertility risks

My husband had the operation for undecended testicles when he was 7 yrs old. We have been reading up on it and a lot of websites say it should be done earlier. How will this affect his risk of testicular cancer and infertility?

Dear Hopeful

I cannot tell you about the risks of testicular cancer that question you will have to ask an Urologist. However having had an undescended testis that had been repaired at the age of 7 may be related to infertility. To find out if your husband has and infertility problem I suggest that he do a semen analysis. If the semen analysis parameters or all within normal limits then it would mean that his fertility has not been affected.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/05/24

Dear Hopeful

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert