Question
Posted by: Stephanie | 2010/09/02

CANCER

Can a blood test determine if you have cancer? How will I know if I have eg. throat, cervical, stomach, lung cancer?

Hallo Stephanie
There is no specific test that will be able to diagnose cancer. Certain cancers can be prevented by screening (e.g papsmear for cervix cancer, mammogram for breast cancer) Your GP will usually ask about family history and determine risk factors, together with a medical examination and will then decide which screening tests will be necessary if any. If you are concerned about specific cancers, read up about the symptoms so that you know what to look out for.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/02

Hallo Stephanie