Question
Posted by: Tinky | 2010/07/29

Cancer

Hi there Doc,

Is there anyway that one can test for cancer in the body. My mom died of cancer and I was wondering if one could actually do yearly tests to pick up if anything is present somewhere?

Hallo Tinky
There is no general test but certain cancers (e.g. breast/colon cancer) runs in families and you can discuss with your doctor the screening tests you can take on a regular basis, depending on your family history and risk. One should always go for yearly papsmears, breast examinations and the men for prostate examinations after 50 years of age.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/29

Hallo Tinky