Question
Posted by: Gillian | 2010/01/08

Cancer

Dear Doc, both my parents have had cancer. My passed away from brain cancer in 2004. My dad recovered from leukaemia in 2000. I am obviously at risk. I would like to know whether there are any tests which I can have done, say yearly, just to keep check on that. I do not have any symptoms of feeling ill or any unknown lumps or lesions. I just merely want to ensure that all is well and should anything be detected, that that be treated as early as possible. I hope I have explained correctly.

Gillian

There are genetic tests that can be done to assess your cancer risk. Consult your doctor in order to have these tests done.