Cancer runs in my family and I was wondering if there were any tests I could have done for early detection? Below are the cancers in my family that I know about, I had cervical cancer at 21. I am now 30.

Cervical Cancer, my mom and me
Breast Cancer, my gran
Colon Cancer, my paternal gran
Skin Cancer, my mom

Do you need to have different tests done to identify different cancers or is it just 1 test for all?

1. Cervical cancer can be detected by having a papsmear done on an anual basis.
2. Breast cancer can be detected by self-examination (first line of detection). Regular doctor's consultation, as well as mammograms and ultrasounds of your breast every five years is necessary.
3. Blood tests are available to screen for colon cancer, i.e. CEA test.
4. Regular visits to your doctor, as well as computer mole screens can detect skin cancer.