Question
Posted by: Niloufar | 2008/10/14

Cancer

Morning Doc
My mother was diagnosed with cancer about 4 years ago but now on remmission and on series of corrective surgeries, her mother died of cancer before I was born. I know my sister and I are at the high risk of developing cancer and we need information on doctors who can check for early diagnosis, my mother has rectal cancer while my grandma died from malignant lump on her right-handside of her neck, we need to go for full body check and need to know if there' s any doctor who can perform such a comprehensive check up? do we need to go to a GP or physician? any reccomendation on one Doctor around Pretoria?

Dear Niloufar
Your GP can do the basic tests and refer you for any specific specialist tests if needed. For colon cancer one would do testing for blood in the stool and cancer markers, one can also keep an eye on the ESR test and go for regular breast exams.

1
Posted by: Niloufar | 2008/10/14

Sorry Doc, I forgot to include that I am 28 years old have been on a pill for the past 10 years and no kids, will the use of the pill also increase chances of cancer?

Reply to Niloufar