Posted by: ENOUGH | 2009-06-04

Can' t take it anymore

Hi I am 42 and recently stopped smoking,is it true that you' re metabolism is slowwer then? I' ve picked up about 8 kg during the previous year and battle to loose it again. All I do doesn' t help. I eat correctly but nothing. My blood pressure are very low and I am using eltroxen 1.05mg about for 4 years already. What tests can I do? Please help

Dear Enough
If you do happen to have an underactive thyroid then it is a good idea to have your thyroid levels checked at least once a year because the dr may have to adjust your Eltroxin dosage. I have written an article on stopping smoking and what one can do to combat or prevent weight gain. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and do a Search for 'Stopping smoking' to read all the tips for overcoming diet-related problems, such as weight gain. When you see your dr for the thyroid tests discuss the possibility of insulin resistance with him or her as this can also be a problem that hampers weightloss and is more common over the age of 30.
I do hope you will lose those 8 kg

Sorry I also blowted, my stomach is swollen the hole day and I get terrible pain on my stomach