Question
Posted by: Jack Johnson | 2009-05-22

Can' t stop thinking.

Hope I can get some advice here.

The moment I try to sleep I can' t stop thinking, thinking about basically everything. I have always struggled to fall asleep thinking about everything. It used to take me about 30-60mins to fall asleep.

But this past two weeks...its been getting much more worse, I go to bed at 10 or 11pm and I will lie awake till about 3:00am or 3:30 am. The next day I struggle to keep my eyes open and then when I climb into my bed again at night it starts all over again.

I searched google for some answers and one of the websites mention that I might have some ADD tendencies.

PS. this past week I have resorted to alcohol to help me fall asleep. Not something I really want to keep doing though.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

If you are not asleep within about 20 minutes, you are going to become increasingly more anxious. Amxiety is the best thing in the world to keep you awake. Then you should get up, sit in another room if possible, and read quietly. Read something that you can put down in the middle of the chapter, if you feel tired. Once you feel tired, put it down, and go back to bed. Repeat this as much as required.

Alcohol is probably not the best thing. Apart from anything else, it will tend to wake you a few hours later. Apart from pickling your liver.

If this doesnt work, you should get to see a sleep doctor.