Question
Posted by: Sproetjies | 2009-08-05

Can' t sleep

I have always had trouble sleeping, even as a child. When I started working shifts I could not cope at all and my GP put me on Stillnox. Used it for 3 years and it helped. I am a housewife now and went off Stillnox and on to Melatonin. It worked at first, but has no effect anymore. It has been over a year, and I still have no routine. It drives my husband crazy. I think I also might have restless leg syndrome. I need to shake my feet all the time and sometimes I have a sensation in my legs that burns an I feel I have to start walking/jogging to bring relief. I get so stressed about not sleeping that it keeps me awake. I' m trying to get pregnant, and I think the stress and lack of sleep is not helping at all. What am I to do?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

30% of people who go onto shift leave their jobs for ill-health within 3 years!!
You need to see a sleep doctor, who should be able to help you try to adapt to the shifts. Some people never can, and then, obviously, there are some hard choices which may need to be made.

1
Posted by: AMAR | 2009-09-09

I find it difficult to sleep the night after I had some beers  How do I get around this problem.

Reply to AMAR