Question
Posted by: Dean | 2009-12-04

Can' t loose weight

I am 47y old, 102kg. I use a light hormone tablet, prexum for blood pressure and a light tablet for cholestrol. I had been using Simply Slim for over a month now without losing any weight.
I have cereal in the morning and 2 sandwiches for lunch and
light supper. I do not cheat at all. Please help as I am so desperate I wish to die sometimes. I do take in 3L water a day
as well.

Dear Dean
Because you suffer from multiple conditions and are not losing weight at the moment, I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out a specific diet prescription for you that takes all your problems into account - the overweight, high bp, and cholesterol. The dietitian will also advise if you need to have any additional tests done to see if you have additional problems like insulin resistance that hampers weightloss. Do not overdo your water intake because drinking up to 3 litres of water a day plus other fluids is not a good idea as it washes important minerals like sodium and potassium out of your body which can lead to electrolyte imbalances and cause symptoms like water retention and water intoxication. So stick to 2,5 litres of liquid in total per day.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-12-05

Dear Dean