Question
Posted by: Baggage handler | 2008/09/18

can' t let go...

Hi There, I' m starting to think that I either need to seek help or get over myself &  would appreciate any advise..

I am in a loving relationship with the man of my dreams &  we plan to marry. However, I just can' t seem to get over my past relationships..I constantly compare my current to my exes &  I still am attached to them. Even today I found myself smsing an ex begging for his forgiveness when just last night my current spoke of how happy we are.. I trully am happy &  want to make it work so I need to find a way to get over my past.

I have been through quite a lot...an abusive relationship, an abortion &  i have abandonment issues with my parents, these issues however, I felt I have dealt with..

Any advise would be great...thanks

You do need to let go of your unhelpful attachments to your Ex's, which can only spoil this or any other future relationships, and to accept that the ex relationships are OVER and should remain thus. Why are you begging forgiveness from someone who may be well over whatever happened, and will only be likely to be distressed by such an alarming message ? See a good practical CBT-oriented therapist and work through these issues, and be happeier yourself and able to share hapiness with others.

1
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/18

You really need to let go otherwise you will cause yourself more pain and your current boyfriend will soon be an ex you also want sms for forgiveness! You don' t want that do you?

Reply to EL