Question
Posted by: Bee | 2008/09/22

Can' t go on....

I hate my job. I am in a very good position, earning very good cash, its just that I really hate it and feel that its not my passion. I' m in marketing, so its frustrating because marketing is so broad, and I really don' t know what I want to do next.

I am excellent in planning and implementing, but also don' t want to do events coordination only. And I don' t feel like the mission of now going for 50 interviews and everything just sucks.

Yes, I really feel down and like I Just want to crawl into a hole and cry.....

There's a world of difference between recognizing that the job or the field you are in is "not your passion" and deciding that this situation has to be appalling and unbearable. Stay with it and make a success so far, but arrange to see a ocational psychologist who can help with testing so you can identify where your passions lie, and how these match youir skills. No point in going for any other interviews until you have clarified what you want and in what sort of work you will feel truly contented

1
Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/22

Hugs Bee. Have you thought of going for career counselling to try and narrow the list of possibilities down a bit? You could also read a book called " What color is your parachute"  by Richard Bolles.

As for feeling down etc... maybe you are depressed? That would make your work woes worse. How long have you felt like this?

Reply to Maria