Posted by: Wondering | 2009-04-16

Can You loose to fast?

I started with a diet a month ago , i was never as motivated as i am now, and know i will loose the 35kg i need to loose, I have a diet from n diettitian, and try follwoing it exact, expet, for eating less carbs than she said. I almost eat no carbs, and if i do i do at lunch, i drink lots of water, dont exercise yet, will start soon,

Im also using Ectiva 15mg my doc prescribe me, its the same as Reductil.

My question is, can you loose to fast, and pick it up later, even when you eat right, The reason for asking is when i started i weighed 131kg and today a month later a weigh 119kg, i am happy, and havent cheated for one bit, but i am a bit worried. Im only seeing the diettitian on the 28th again.

I dont want to do something wrong,and pick up all the weight after i worked so hard.

Any comments and help would be appriciated

Dear Wondering
You have certainly lost a great deal of weight, namely 12 kg in 1 month, which works out to about 3 kg per week. You may find that weightloss is more rapid at the beginning of your regimen because it is a well know fact that individuals who have a great deal of weight to lose, lose more rapidly than those who only need to lose a few kg. Do not be disappointed if the rate of weightloss slows down over time - just stay motivated and keep up the good work. I do think that you should start with exercise as soon as possible to stimulate your metabolism. Also don't overdo your water intake as this can lead to electrolyte disturbances and water retention - stick to having 2,5 litres of liquid (which can include water) a day.
Wishing you all the best with your programme

Posted by: Wondering | 2009-04-16

Thats what im scared of, after stop using the medication and then eating the same as now, i would pick up the weight

Reply to Wondering
Posted by: Woolly | 2009-04-16

I have tried Reductil. I used it for 3 months, lost about 10kg and within a month of stopping reductil (even eating properly afterwards) I had gained back about 7 kilos.

I don' t think the problem is loosing the weight too fast. The problem is that you just haven' t spent enough time on REALLY changing your lifestyle.

I have been on EVERY diet you can think of. In the end, the diet that works best for me is one that is completely balanced and one where you still have enough energy to exercise and be a person.

I felt great on Reductil and lost plenty of weight, but I will rather lose weight slowly and keep it off.

I have 28.8kg' s to lose. I estimate it will take me about 12 months. I committed to 12 months and I will stick to it, come hell or high water.

Good luck!

Reply to Woolly