Question
Posted by: Question | 2009-06-29

Can you get genital warts from not having sex?

Hi doc

Is it possible to get genital warts from not having sex. I know that this is more associated with hpv. I' ve sometimes breakout with a little bump on my vagina but after 1 or 2 days it disappears. It almost feels like a pimple. What could be the cause? I have been sexually active and I have had these little bumps even when having sex with condoms and I' ve broken out with a little bump when I have not been with anyone. It' s not something that happens often with me but I am curious about this. I' m very strict when it comes to having protected sex but if hpv is such a common sti I might have to get tested which I will be doing later in July at the gynae. It is only one bump that I usually get - not often though.

Thanks cyberdoc

Dear Question
Genital warts does not come and go - it forms a flat cauliflower type lesion, so my guess is that you probably get a bacterial infection in the Bartholin gland that comes and goes. You can treat this with Bactroban ointment. it is often triggered by friction (sex or tight pants)

2
Posted by: Question | 2009-06-29

I am in a committed relationship and only sexual with one person,

Reply to Question
Posted by: Question | 2009-06-29

I forgot to mention that these little bumps are colourless and smooth. They are not rough like a wart nor are there clusters and are not very painful.

Thanks again

Reply to Question