Question
Posted by: Jules | 2010/12/20

Can you get addicted to tea

Hi doc

Can you get addicted to tea (the English/Ceylon kind). I stopped drinking coffee as it was making me feel drained and bloated, and now I drink tea instead. But I don''t know if I''m imagining it but I think I get ''withdrawal'' when I don''t have my tea - headachy &  grumpy. COuld one get addicted to it? If it''s possible, then I don''t want to keep drinking it!

Hallo Jules
Tea contains less caffein than coffee so it is rare that you will get true withdrawal symptoms from not having tea. Tea contains anti-oxidants, so is actually good for you.

3
Posted by: anon | 2010/12/22

I agree with Carli. Depends what type of tea, unless you are drinking Rooibos tea, which has no caffeine. All tea contains caffeine, maybe slightly less than coffee.

Why is it worrying you? Even green tea which is supposed to have antioxidants has caffeine. That is why when you drink green tea you suddenly have that spurt of energy.

The English are addicted to their tea.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Carli | 2010/12/20

Tea has caffiene in it. So it can be addictive.

Reply to Carli
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/20

Hallo Jules