Question
Posted by: Strongman | 2011/02/10

Can you define " Coming on too strong"  / Being desperate

Hiya,

I would you define a guy who is coming on too strong / appears to be desperate etc.

I want to know as I want to try and avoid this...

I would appreciate your help.

I think I'd avoid him, rather than define him ! I'm not sure what you're asking - are you wanting suggestions about how NOT, yourself, to seem to bhe coming on too strong, or too desperate ? I think I'll turn this over for a couple of days to our readers, who will have far more experience of this.

6
Posted by: PUrple | 2011/02/14

Being overly keen - like buying her a gold watch the second time you meet her, crying to her over family problems, taking her to an overly expensive restaurant for the first date (spur or wimpy is still not OK for a date though). Phoning her more than once a day.

All of this screams desperate loser.

Reply to PUrple
Posted by: Define | 2011/02/12

I would say if you met a woman for the first time and within 2 minutes, you ask her for sex. That about sums it up.

Reply to Define
Posted by: ll | 2011/02/11

sorry, the princess suggestion would not work for me. What I really like on a first date is lots and lots of talking, getting to know the person, finding out what makes them tick, smile, laugh, what pisses them off.

Roses, chair pulliing etc.....no thanks, this is not 1960.

Talk talk talk. No chocolates over the top compliments soppy sms''s or candles. Communication is NB, If that is not happening, nothing ever will.

Reply to ll
Posted by: Princess | 2011/02/11

I would like to take it slow on a first date. Perhaps a kiss on the cheek or a hand. I would like to be treated like a Princess, the guy must open the door, pull out the chair etc. I think good manners would go a long way.

As a woman, I would like the intimacy to come at a later stage so I would know that the guy is not after me just for the sex, but for my personality.

Call the girl at least once a day and perhaps a few smses to say how you miss her or you were thinking of her when looking at a rose.

Does that help?

Reply to Princess
Posted by: Sam | 2011/02/10

Have u been told you come on too strong and desperate? lf so can u tell us what actions caused this accusation. More info would help us to comment and assist.

Reply to Sam