Question

Can we have them arrested

My niece 17 and little sister 16, have decided to move out of home and move in with gangsters in the city where they live. These are men of 21 and older. My father suspects that my little sister is also on TIK. He has contacted the police and social workers in the area and they never call back. My little sister has also decided to drop out of school and as much as my father is trying to get her to go back she just gets aggravated and rude. We want the police to arrest these girls and actually lock them up so that they can see that being delinquent is not a way of living. There is nothing more we can do - we are at our wits end and scared that the next call we get is to collect their bodies. Your advice will be appreciated.

This does sound sinister and a thoroughly lousy decision by the girls. Sounds like the silly girl thinks she's in for something glamorous and exciting from the gangsters, rather than the grief she will inevitably find.
It is disgraceful that local social workers and police don't even respond to your calls, but sadl that's not unusual. Have you tried calling every Child Welfare organization and office you can find ? Maybe Childline ? I'm not sure that the police can actually arrest the girls just for being stupid - what they're doing is ollish and dangerous but probably not illegal unless they get involved in prostituion or drug dealing, or something like that. I don't know what the police situation is on older kids running away from home.
What do other readers suggest ?

3
Posted by: Kate | 2011/04/06

Leave them and let them learn the hard way.
Stop worrying about them.
The harder you guys try the more they will resist.
How long do you really think they will be enjoying themselves...
From the sound of how stubborn they are right now I doubt anything anyone does is going to get them back.

So as hard as it may be, having them learn their own lesson can only be fore their best in the future to come.
Dont waste any more of your precious time on these ungratefull and disrespectfull little kids.If that is their choice then let it be.
When they come running back don''t just accept them with open arms! Make them admit to how wrong they were and take responsibility for their actions. Let them work hard to finish school and then support themselves. Take away all their previous privileges!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Eric | 2011/04/05

These girls are still minors in terms of law and it is the duty of the police to make sure they are safe. Where are you situated? You need to get hold of the Child Protection Officer at your local police station and report this asap.

Reply to Eric

What do other readers suggest ?