Posted by: Chrissie | 2009-02-03

Can this only be a virus?

Dear Doc

I was at doctor yesterday with quite a bit of scary symptoms. Headaches, Neck pain, back pain, glands swollen and body feels very tired. I had no fever. Oh yes my throat is also sore.

He gave me an injection and Ibupain Forte (2 tablets 3 x daily). I had last night (about an hour after tablets) all over my body the feeling as if an ant walks on me, itching here, itching there, but no rash. Could this be an allergic reaction, or do you think it was my imagination?

I am so scared that I might have meningitis, but the doctor gave me the above and called it a virus. Please help. Should I go for a second opinion?

Dear Chrissie
If you can't bend your neck to touch your chin on your chest and you vomit with severe headache, this could be meningitis. The feeling of bugs crawling over the skin can be a side effect of some medications. Did you get any antibiotics?

Posted by: Chrissie | 2009-02-03

Dear Doc

I have no problem to bend my neck to touch my chin and I also don' t vomit.

No, not what I am aware of, the doctor did give me an injection (and then also the Ibupain Forte)

Reply to Chrissie