Question
Posted by: Kim | 2010/05/13

Can this be something serious?

last year I was diagnosed with Pcos, was put on Diane but stopped due to the side effects that I experienced. Then got microval, was on it for two months and stopped taking it last year December, sinc. Then my period has been on and off, In Both December and January I didn''t get my period, in Mid February I Got it, then in March I didn''t, and April again I got it. Last Friday I decided to buy calcium vitamins, I used it and on Monday morning after I wiped saw blood on the tissue. (I thought i had my period as I was suppose to get it on Sunday) But ever since then
nothing,it was very little blood though, I''m not sure if it could be the calcium that caused me to bleed, as I continued taking it but then the next day ( I again experienced blood but only when I wiped) so I stopped taking the calcium to see if it maybe was not that. And since then never experieced any bleeding whatsoever. My question is what could be causing my on/off period? I was hoping that the cyst could be gone, as I read that some goes away on it''s own some don''t. Should I consult my gynae for a proper Check up? I am now 21. I use to have a regular cycle except for when I was ten. And when I was 19 was diagnosed with pcos.

Kind Regards: Kim

Calcium would not cause bleeding. If you have PCOS, you do ot ovulate regularly and this causes the irregular periods. This will not go away on its own. See your gynaecologist and perhaps try a differnt Pill.

1