Question
Posted by: DL | 2010-12-08

Can this be?

My partner and I have been together for a long time...We always had a fantastic sex life. Until last year when he had a heart attack. Since then, we have not had sex once. I brought it up yesterday after we read an article about some impotency pills being banned. I asked if he ever used it before - and he said no. I asked if he would need it now - and he said no, he doesnt need pills because he'' not interested in sex anymore. He is still on heart medication as well as anti-depressants. He''s convinced that it''s a side effect of the pills and that it will be this way forever. I can''t accept that. He was nothing like this before...I waited a year to bring this up to make him feel like I am willing to give him time to recover. He just don''t want to talk about it and asked me to drop the subject. Where do we go from here...We''re not old enough to just leave it at that. - I''m 34 and he''s 49. I can''t imagine not having a sex life anymore. It really feels like I''m being rejected - and I even asked him if he just doesn''t want to have sex with ME and use this as an excuse not to...He said it has nothing to do with me. We don''t ''cuddle'' anymore, he doesnt hold me anymore. It''s if he''s too scared to do so. Is this normal?
Please note: I posted this to the cyber doc as well - not sure into which catagory this falls.

Hi DL
There is no reason why you can't have a normal sex life anymore. If he is impotent, there are medications he can use (excluding Viagra, which is dangerous for people with heart disease) Other than that, cuddling, manual stimulation or being creative in other ways could still lead to a good sex life. It is difficult but you do need to try and convince him to see an urologist or your GP...

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-12-10

Hi DL