Posted by: Senzi | 2010-07-15

Can the bank get away with this?

i was treated very badly by ABSA, this is the only platform i have to vent. My car was repo''d outstanding amount R12000, paid R10000 asked for 2 weeks extension to come up with the rest. My car was auctioned off, only found out on the 14 July. My last request for my extension apparently wasn''t received, only this morning she found it on her trash email, according to her no one informed her that the car was going on auction the same day, she never got paperwork from JHB offices, the only thing i got was ''SORRY'', i mean, ''we''re realy sorry about the situation'', that''s all i got. Whose fault is it that she didn''t get the paperwork. Correct procedures were not followed when the car was taken, i don''t have any paperwork with me stating that the was was taken, NOTHING, zilch. I had a conversation with them about 6hrs ago, not even an email has been sent. To me it''s like the car was stolendisappeared. Personally, i don''t want to deal with ABSA ANYMORE...

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It is suggested that you go to the Banking Ombudsman.

Posted by: Purple | 2010-07-16

Suggest you go to the ombudsmen and you could also put a complaint on hello peter.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Shelby | 2010-07-16

Banks are possessed by the devil, try not to deal with them. They have also stuffed up with me on numerous occasions. Maybe you can go to the ombudsman coz now you have wasted R10 000.

Reply to Shelby