Posted by: Nazneen | 2010-02-27

Can purmycin make me infertile?

I have been on oxypan for about 2 years for my acne. I am now on purmycin. Will the continued use of these tablets make me infertile as i would lik to fall pregnant in de next 2-3 years?

Dear Nazneen

Purmycin will not make you infertile.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Nazneen | 2010-03-11

Hi dr dasoo. Thank you for your response. I am very confused now as i asked cyber doc the same question and he said that i must use a gel and that purmycin will make me infertile.. Can u explain please? I am trying to understand why my dermatologist would prescribe these tablets then.

Reply to Nazneen | 1 comment (hide)

Hi Nazneen, Did you receive any answer on your 2nd question to the Fertility Dr ? I am also on Purmycin and have the same question as you