Question
Posted by: Mikkie | 2010/11/17

Can one still get pregnant on a light birth control pill?

Hi Doc,
I was wondering,can one still get pregnant on a light birth control pill?

I started 3 months ago as my cycle was messed up due to stress and depression.The first month I''ve spotted a lot during those weeks.The second month was better, but now this month there is nothing.
I was supposed to have started my period 6 days ago according to my tablets and yesterday was my last tablet of the active ones and still no period.
Well I''ve done a home pregnancy test on Monday and that showed negative.

Can this perhaps be of the diet tablets I''ve started two weeks ago? Could they have affected me so quickly?

I''m just concerned, for I''m trying to loose the last bit of my post pregnancy weight and won''t like to get pregnant now (but at a later stage when I''m comfortable).

Your feedback would be appreciated.

If you only finished the active pills yesterday, you should start your period within 3-4 days.

3
Posted by: Mikkie | 2010/11/18

Hi Anon, thanks for the info. I will try to make an appointment with my doctor to discuss this. Someone else on the forum told me now that one can get pregnant through the pill, loop and sterilisation as a friend of hers at work had that happen to her.So, I''ll rather go to the doctor, just to be safe.

Reply to Mikkie

Posted by: anon | 2010/11/17

Maybe the pill is not producing enough hoemones for you to have your periods

Reply to anon