Posted by: Hetty | 2011-05-26

Can nut oil be a helpful in boosting testosterone levels?

Can the inclusion of nut oils in the diet have a benefit in improving the testosterone levels in males ? My partner hates nuts, but needs to increase his tesosterone levels. I though of using nut oil in cooking instead. I know that heat will destroy some of the nutrients, but thought it might be better than nothing. Are there any other ways to increase testosterone naturally?

(Health24 Admin - we have posted this question on the Sexologist forum - please keep watch for the reply)

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

As I write you today, there is controversy about Patrick Holford's claims that a certain product of his will improve concentration, achievement levels of school kids. I am delighted these claims are being investigated. I know he says he has clinical evidence but it has been shown that this evidence is not scientifically sound.
Why am I discussing this in relation to your question? Well the nut oil story reminds me of Patrick Holford's claims and like his claims, the nut oil story is scientifically unjustifiable and unproven.
I am not sure why people are afraid of testosterone therapy. There is solid robust scientific evidence to prove that when a candidate has been examined thoroughly, and considered a good candidate for T replacement, it is safe and effective therapy. And actually works.
Please stop with the nut oil and give your man the opportunity to have a better quality of life. Take him to a urologist for this assessment.