Question
Posted by: Melody | 2012/10/17

Can not swallow meat

My gran is 83 and sometimes when she eats meat it gets stuck in her throat she then starts burping and then she then starts bringing up a slimy substance and it dosn''t go away until she has vomited everything up. What can I do as it is very painfull for her even swallowing water is very sore.
What can I do?

Melody

It is important that your grandmother consults a doctor for a barium meal, gastroscopy and MRI study to exclude the possibility of a stroke. Please do not hesitate and consult the doctor as soon as possible. Avoid meat in the interim and rather give her mince.