Question
Posted by: Martiza | 2011-06-12

Can not get any health insurance

Due to my previous medical history I am unable to take out any policies for disability cover. I suffer from Bipolar Disorder, which is well controlled, but had renal TB in 1998. I also have other chronic illnessess. What to you suggest I do?

Expert ImageMoney Expert

Hi Martiza
What do you mean by "Health insurance". If you are referring to medical aids then you can not be excluded - there will certainly be some waiting periods but no permanent exclusions.
If you are referring to disability and severe illness (dread disease) cover through an insurance company then it is possible that you will be excluded or loaded by the insurance company. I recommend that you find a financial plannner who can help you submit an application to a few companies and see what their response is. Remember to disclose all information to them - let them decide what is relevent/important. It is possible that they might give you cover for some conditions and exclude others...this is reasonable. Also try to find out if they might review the decision in a year's time.

2
Posted by: Tracey | 2011-09-05

Hi there maritza - have you contacted a financial planner to assist you? If not, please let me know as I am a financial planner and we could possibly discuss your options.

My name is Tracey Brink and my cell # is 0834455102

Reply to Tracey
Posted by: Money Expert | 2011-06-20

Hi Martiza

Reply to Money Expert