Question
Posted by: dave | 2011-08-08

can my daughter divorce her biological mom and how do i go about?

My daughter wants to divorce her biological mom
These are her reasons: my ex and I have joint custody. I have primary residence. Since the day my daughter came to stay with us (8years ago), my wife and I have been solely looking after her, financially, emotionally, spiritually. We have never bothered her mom for anything as she is much aware of the fact that we share 50/50 responsibility with our daughter and she refuses to help out. She doesn’ t call on her daughter’ s b-day or any other time  she doesn’ t visit or fetch her to visit her at her place. All the times my daughter tried to have contact with her she told her to leave her alone.
She is 15 years old  can she divorce her mom legally?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

You may wish to bring an application to court to obtain full guardianship over your daughter in light of the actions of the mother.

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
A:1st Floor, 56 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town, 8000
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
F: 086 572 8373
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011-08-08

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
F: 086 572 8373
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert