Posted by: James | 2009-12-23

Can masturbation cause itchy skin?

Hi. My boyfriend mentioned to me over the phone earlier this week that his skin had felt uncomfortably itchy that evening, around the neck, back and torso I think. I prompted him to consider various possibilities such as an allergic reaction or sensitivity to some external thing and asked him if anything was new (in his diet, environment etc). He eventually admitted that one thing he could think of was that he had masturbated earlier that afternoon before the itchiness started and suspected it could be the cause. He asked me if I had ever experienced something like that before from masturbating and I must say I can' t recall ever feeling an uncomfortable itchiness from doing that. What do you think - could this effect be brought on by masturbating (or other sexual activity for that matter) and what can be done about it? I suggested that he see a dermatologist, possibly mentioning the masturbation connection he suspected, but he is too embarrassed/stubborn for that kind of thing and I didn' t push the matter further. Thanks, James.

Hi James
No I don't think the cause could be masturbation. Most likely it could be a heat rash or allergy due to something he ate or drank or something like a washingpowder in clothes

Posted by: James | 2009-12-23

I don' t really understand your response, can you elaborate please. What is the medical term for this condition?

I thought the palms and soles of the feet do not have hair follicles and can' t grow hair. Does " hairy"  mean something else here other than actual hair growth?

Also, why would blindness be a possibility? Is the risk of blindness the same for actual sex? I always thought that actual sex would be pretty much the same as masturbating, surely the body' s response to the stimulation is the same in both cases?

Reply to James
Posted by: Liam | 2009-12-23

Yes...and you get hairy palms and go blind.

Reply to Liam