Question
Posted by: shweta | 2010/03/20

can mastubation leads to braking of hymen?

the proof for a girls virginity is a intact hymen. can the hymen break during masturbation?

I have a problem with this first statement as it is not necessarily true. A hymen may also be broken by sport/other activity and not only sex, so whilst an intact hymen is proof of no vaginal penetration, a broken hymen is not clear proof of having had vaginal penetration! Furthermore, a girl may have had oral/anal penetration and therefore has had sex, yet her hymen may be intact. I suppose it depends what exactly one is meaning by the term 'virgin'...

To answer your question, stimulation of the clitoris is external to the vagina and so since the vagina is not being penetrated in this way, the hymen is not likely to be broken by this. Some women masturbate using penetration (with a finger or sex toy) and this would break the hymen.

Claire - SASHA

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010/03/21

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist