Posted by: Chloe | 2009-02-25

Can marriage work after an affair

My (ex) husband (soon to be divorced) and I have been together for 8 years of which we were married 4 years. 5 Years ago he left me for one of my friends. Not long after we decided to try again and a year later moved in togeter and then got married. There were trust issues and both of us thought to have worked through them, but somehow this issue surfaced quite frequently. Due to financial problems we moved back to my parents in-law (we had and still have a beautiful relationship). I started working for 3 bosses while my husband starting working for his father. So for the last two and a half years we were living with them. I started putting pressure on my husband to pay down debt so that we could move into our own place again, there were frequent fights, we socialised a lot. We had a fairly big social network of friends, mostly couples. At that time my best friend' s brothercame into the picture, he was single, 6 years younger than me and we all grew to a very close circle of friends. We met a sigle woman (divorced) at a bike event who invited us over for dinner asking this single friend of ours to join in. soon we were spending alot of time together mostly every weekend. One night we all watched movies and my husband ended up with her on a coach and I was left sitting next to my best friend' s single brother. This was the habit for the next few weekends where we spend most of our time. As time past me and this man started developing a very close friendship ending up in a sexual encounter which lead to the seperation of my husband and I. We have been seperated for 3 months now, talking again and so on and looking at the possibility and viewing the possibilities of getting back together. I have been seeing this friend of mine for the last month. My question is can a relationship work the third time around or is it best for both of us to move on with our lives. We do still love each other, but will love be enough to pull as through this time around?

I doubt that it can work if you simply try to resume it POSSIBLY, if you both really very much want this, and if you both get seriously involved in marriage counselling, it might be conceivable that ou could either work things out, or at least part with a better chance of not messing upany future relationship

Posted by: *** | 2009-02-25

Depends on how much you both want it to. If it is something you both really want and are willing to work thru, then I would say yes.

Reply to ***