Question
Posted by: New | 2012-05-24

Can love be supressed successfully?

I am not going to go into the details of why we feel that we have to supress it - I have noticed how people regress from the actual question just to get something to judge about. So my question is only about supressing love nothing else.

We both love each other very much. When we spoke about going seperate ways we were both devastated and there was a lot tears. We ended up deciding to be firends, but it''''s so hard. It just seems not doable. Someone made an example about prince Charlse and Camila how they tried for decades to supress their love but failed in the end. Has anyone ever done it successfully?

I understand that you want to isolate a particular aspect of this situation, in asking this question. But there are no broad general answers here, so the specifics really do matter. If there really is love, there can hardly be instructions as to how to suppress it, without knowing who the people are, and why they need to suppress it.
One may not be able to suppress the FEELING of love, but I understand that there can be cistumstances in which you need to suppress its expression, and behaviours related to it.
If for whatever reason a relationship must end, it sounds reasonable, but is usually much more difficult to try to remain friends, than to end it more fully, and not make contact.
I'd better not get into Charles and his preference ( rather like his Uncle the late Duke of Windsor ) for a much older, Mommy type woman rather than a young companion.

2
Posted by: ???? | 2012-05-25

You sound like there is something wrong both of you are doing that''s why you choose not to tell....So why ask for advise if you wanna hold on to what your head tells you...don''t waste your time.

Reply to ????