Question
Posted by: d | 2009/11/22

can it be fixed

So in the last 18 months my partner and i have been thru ALOT. We have a 6 month old baby. I love him with all my heart but am no longer attracted to him sexually, can we fix that... we have alot of under lying issues but are working thru them, is it possible that once we get thru it i might feel passionate etc about him. When i think about sex i get irrtated. Our therapist says a womens biggest sexual organ is her brain... and im a thinker. I feel like if i hold out on him, it will just be one more issue to overocme between us, but how do you have sex when your heart isnt in it.

can it be fixed... he is starting to think there is someone else

It can indeed most probably be "fixed", but you'd be wise to see a relationship / couples counsellor together ( eg through FAMSA ) to sort out all aspects of the relaonship, including this. If this loss of libido has been since the birth of your child, I wonder, too, whether there might be a degree of post-natal depression, which would respond well to treatment, and can often have this effect.

1