Question
Posted by: Michaila | 2010/04/20

Can it be a stroke?

I''m a 21 year old female and for some odd reason the right side of my body goes lame. Last week my chest pulled thight,felt as though i couldnt breath. Ever since yesterday my lower back was burning due to pain. This morning i woke up and the right side of my face felt as though someone had slapped me,to add to it I''ve had really bad headaches. Wht could it be?

Hallo Michaila
These symptoms are worrying as it could be due to a neurological (brain) problem. Migraines, tumours or strokes can cause similar symptoms. Please see your doctor for an examination and possible referral to a neurologist for a brain scan.

2
Posted by: Momof3 | 2010/04/21

Hi Michaila

It could be a pinched nerve in the neck or back causing the numbness .Facial nerves all come from the neck etc. I would advise you see your GP for an examination and he/she could refer you to a neurologist to check on the nerves &  do various tests. The tightness in the chest can also come from back nerves.

The GP can also monitor your heart or send you to a cardiac surgeon to do more in depth tests to look for clots &  narrowing of the veins etc But dont delay even if it is just to put your mind at rest. You know your body better than anyone. Go have it checked out.

Reply to Momof3
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/21

Hallo Michaila

Reply to cyberdoc