Posted by: Estie | 2009-03-26

I had a miscarriage on 5 weeks. I started bleeding after intercourse with my husband and had the miscarriage a couple of days later. I discovered that I am pregnant again about 3 weeks after the previous miscarriage, and every time that we do have intercourse I see signes (almost like spotting) of bleeding. Can this be a sign of the same thing happening again. Should we refraim from having intercourse until later in the pregnancy (3 months or so)?
(I do not experience pain at this stage)

You should refrain from intercourse till later in the pregnancy. Also consult your doctor about the bleeding

Posted by: Tumi | 2009-03-27

Yes you should stop having sex or use a condom because my Gynae told me that semen opens the mouth of the vagina. but please speak to your doctor.

Reply to Tumi
Posted by: CINDY | 2009-03-26

Hey Estie

The same thing happened to me. The doc said that I should stop having intercourse during the first trimester so we stopped and I never bled again. But the gynae put me on progestrone tablets as well to strenghten my uterus. If you start bleeding again lay straight on your back with your feet elevated. Maybe you should consult you gynae and do a progestrone levels test. Hope everything is ok.

Reply to CINDY